See: Decentralized Finance Investment Thesis
Not advice, but education
A DeFi portfolio, like all things, should be perfectly balanced.
Stablecoins preserve capital and serve as ammo to buy dips.
Why do some token prices drop?
- Macro forces that cause uncertainty and make people panic sell (pandemic, Russia/Ukraine war, Fed increases interest rate).
- crypto’s performance is, for now, tied to the stock market
- Teams and VCs sell large portion of token
- Whales sell because they’re taking profits, losing faith in the project, or chasing the next shiny object
- the lower the market cap, the more vulnerable the project is to whales
- A key person leaves
- People leave OG projects (e.g, Sushi, Maker, Aave) to chase Defi 2.0 protocols
- New regulations
A token needs utility for the value to accrue